The following are posts or groups of posts that have been especially popular.
1. Love Encounter versus Power Encounter. I expect there is a place for power encounter… but I think it has been wrongly emphasized. Rather, priority should be given to Love Encounter.
From Power Encounter to Love Encounter
Power Encounter and Love Encounter– Elijah
Power Encounter, Love Encounter, and Pandemic Love
St. Boniface Reprise
Seeking a More Weak and Vulnerable Christian Mission
St. Boniface, Celsus, and Power Missions
2. Medical Missions. I did my dissertation on medical missions in the Philippines. A lot of the basic principles can apply to other places as well… and even apply to similar types of holistic ministry projects.
Medical Mission Events in the Philippines, Part I
Medical Mission Events in the Philippines, Part II
Medical Mission Events in the Philippines, Part III
Medical Mission Events in the Philippines, Part IV
Medical Mission Events in the Philippines, Part V
Articles and Posts on Medical Missions Work
3. Power Structures and Spiritual Abuse
Spiritual Abuse Parts 1-4
Power Without Accountability, I
Power Without Accountability II
Power Without Accountability III
Cults: Good, Bad, and Ugly
How Do Abusive Churches Learn to Abuse?
4. Redemptive Analogies, Parables, and Myths. A fair bit of interest in these with the growing appreciation of story/narrative in theology and evangelism.
Fallacies and Questions Regarding Redemptive Analogy
Kintsukuroi Faith: Beautfiully Broken. Part 2
Power of Parables
Mythic and Parabolic Stories in Culture, Part I
Mythic and Parabolic Stories in Culture, Part II
Mythic and Parabolic Stories in Culture, Part III
5. Interfaith (or Inter-religious) Dialogue. I have a growing number of articles and presentations. Many of them are sub-referenced in the first post below.
Interfaith Dialogue Posts
Dale Carnegie and Inter-religious Dialogue
Modifed Engel Scale and TGMX
Views on Inter-religious Dialogue and Salvation
Two Poles in DialogueTwo Poles in Dialogue
Mutuality and Dialogue
Truth and Dialogue — Bringing Them Together
6. Others. There are several others that have been quite popular, though not necessarily part of a group.
Christian Missions: Destroyer of Cultures?
Cleansing the Church’s “Court of the Gentiles”
Kintsukuroi Faith: Beautifully Broken, Part I
Kintsukuroi Faith: Beautifully Broken, Part II
Church Acculturation in Missions
Oral Communication and “Rida Rida Ranka”
Summary of “The Dark Side of Leadership”
In Search of a Real Missionary
What View Should The Christian Take on Non-Christian Religions